Friday, May 1, 2009
I Shot the Sheriff, but I did not Shoot the Deputy
Earlier in the week, a group of guys in my ward went out and bought a bunch of air-soft guns so they can play "cops and robbers" sort-of games. Anyway, the other day I went to get the mail and there was one of the guns sitting outside on a chair. With my sneaky tactics, I grabbed the gun and hid it behind the mail and casually walked back to my apartment. Ok, let's fast forward to last night, about 2 or 3 days later. My roommate, Maggie, and I went to the temple last night, and when we came back we didn't know what we were going to do. Then we remembered the gun. The boys were all out playing, so we thought this would be the perfect opportunity to use it. We had found one bullet laying around, so while we were still in our "Sunday best," we ran over to Tahnee's apartment and asked Tyler to help us load it. Maggie kept finding more and more bullets laying around and just kept them in her pocket. We then wanted to find a good spot, but also a spot with an easy escape. We went to the top of the Enclave (where we live) but realized we were in a corner and would never be able to get out if they found us. So we went back to our apartment and went into one of our new roommates bedrooms. She has a great window that looks over the entire complex. We turned out all the lights and opened the window and started shooting. One kid in our ward, Ben Li, saw us and started shooting back, but nobody else caught on. We wanted to capture everyone's attention. So we ran back downstairs and started shooting out the kitchen window. Still not a whole lot. We got down to our very last bullet. We decided we needed to do something really great with it, since it was our last shot (no pun intended). Outside our front door there was a group of people, who had been watching the boys play, and all the boys who were playing. So we came up with a plan. Our plan: Maggie was to open the front door wide open and I was going to walk towards the group with the gun and our last bullet. I start walking towards them, Charlie's Angel style, and nobody really cares, until, BOOM! I shoot the gun. They could NOT believe it. I ran for my life back to my apartment and into my roommates rooms to lock myself in. I start yelling for Maggie, but no answer. I thought for sure they were going to hold her hostage. Then I hear them all in my apartment and they even came upstairs to where I was. It was hysterical but at the same time, way creepy. I kept yelling, "get out of our apartment." Like that really is going to do anything. Finally they all left and Maggie runs upstairs to tell us that she had been downstairs hiding the whole time. She was right next to them!!! We eventually surrendered and dropped our weapon. We ended up telling them what happened. They knew that one of the guns had been missing and when they heard my story they laughed. Oh good times at the Enclave!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're a NUT! I'm glad your having so much fun.
What?! That doesn't sound like tiersha!
When I come home this week, we will update your blog. I will help you!
Post a Comment