What an unexpected trip this has been. Thinking I was going to come home and totally vacation, go to the beach everyday, and just live the California life…NOT!
As most of you know by now, my family is moving to San Clemente. Because of that, practically the whole time I have been home they have been packing and getting everything ready to move. Let’s just say I am glad I won’t be there for that! We even had a garage sale on Saturday morning where we all had to be up at 6:00 am. Talk about a killer. I’m just not used to that lately.
Some highlights of the week and a half I was “home” are:
• Disneyland with Ryan and Melissa the day after I got home. It’s always fun to go with them. Ryan likes to do embarrassing things, Melissa gets embarrassed and we take cult-like pictures. What more could you ask for?
• Tuesday I went to Institute, by myself cause Tahnee bailed on me. It was nice to see some old (2 ½ months old) faces. It also reminds me of how I am glad I am not in that single’s ward anymore. Great ward…just nobody there for me.
• Also Tuesday, I went to have my pre-op appointment for my throat surgery. Long story short…I didn’t have to have it!!!! He said that everything looks good and that there is movement in my left vocal cord. Hip hip hooray!!!!!
• Wednesday I had some doctor appointments…everything is good. My cardiologist says everything is working well.
• Can’t really remember what happened Thursday, but Friday I attended a friend’s wedding reception, Jasmine Joyce. She looked beautiful and I am so happy for her and her new hubby. Afterwards, we went to the Huntington Beach dance. I haven’t been to any kind of dance since before the mission. Man, I must have looked like a weirdo. It was fun though. Honestly, I could do without.
• Saturday we went to the Orange County fair with Ryan and Melissa. Of course, more fun! I think the best part was watching the hypnotist. FUNNY!!! It amazes me how someone has the ability to make others do wacky things just by talking to them and making them fall into a deep sleep, but not….
• Sunday I was able to visit with both sets of grandparents, which is always fun. I am glad they are all doing respectively well and it was so great to see them!
• Monday I know I was busy but can’t really remember why…then our neighborhood threw us a good-bye party. We have been so lucky to have such great neighbors, I don’t think we could have asked for better. And to ever find some that great again, is next to impossible. I think that is one of the hardest things to give up through all this moving.
• Tuesday we went to Disneyland again with Brooke Eliason. What a crack up she is. Well, before that we met up with Mallorie Ford and had Islands, then set out for Anaheim.
I am actually on the plane as I type. I am so ready to go back to my new home…Provo. Yes, I said it, my home is in Provo, UT. Never thought I’d see the day. I wish my family best of luck during the move and hope they enjoy the beach! It will be fun for them. I’m also excited for Tahnee to be coming up to Provo in 3 weeks. Yipeeee! Alright, that’s all for now!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
update your blog!
Post a Comment