Wednesday, February 20, 2008

They're out!

Yesterday was the big day. I arrived at the hospital at 8:00 am and was directed to my room. The nurses came in to ask me all sorts of questions, get my IV going (my favorite(, andtell me what to expect. The anethesiologist came in and gave me some medicine to relax me before going in the OR. Soon ashe put that in my IV I could feel it starting and frankly I don't even remember leaving my room! When I woke up I was in a big room of other people recovering. It was weird! And I was hurting really bad. Of course they just kept telling me that they would give me something and never did. I also kept asking to see my mom and they kept telling me just a minute. Ugh!! Finally they moved me into a tiny room and gave me medicine and my mom! On the way home we stopped at Baskin Robbins and got a milkshake. It was good but I had a hard time swallowing. At home I just laid in bed all day. I got a little hungry in the evening and went down and had some mashed potatoes. And of course I stayed down to watch American Idol ;) All night long I kept waking up cause I thought I would choke. Every hour I had to cough and that hurts. It hurts to try and talk so I don't. Speaking of which I need to go take my medicine....

5 comments:

NatalieD said...

Get well soon! I'm sure you're quite sick (pardon the pun) of hospitals and surgeries!

Abby said...

I am so glad that every thing went as expected...Good luck recovering....let me know when you are ready for some visitors and a smoothie!!

{amy k.} said...

Yea! They're out! Hopefully you recover quickly- it doesn't sound like much fun!

katherine said...

I've been meaning to call you but I was worried about your voice. I hope everything is on the up from here on out. Let me know when you feel like talking--we need to catch up!!!

Courtney N said...

Im glad to hear that you are recovering. Is your voice going to come back soon?