I woke up at 6:30sih to get ready for work at 8. I went in to open the store and left at 10. I get home to a rancid smell, but am so tired I go straight upstairs and try to fall asleep. A few mintues later, I am interrupted by my roommate Mary, yelling, "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!" I immediately run downstairs only to be surprised by a kitchen immersed with water and Mary strategically placing pots, pans, and bowls around to catch the water! Alise, my roommate whom I share a bathroom with, jumps out of the shower and comes down in a towel to see what the rucuss is. We are all stunned. Long story short.... mine and Alise's shower is just a stand up shower (no bath tub) but the drain is so backed up that we always end up in about 3-4 inches of water by the end of our shower. Well today, it overflowed and flooded our bathroom. Then it leaked through the floor and basically, it was raining in our kitchen.
We called our landlord only to be told that he just got home from Youth Conference and couldn't come over and there was nothing he could do. Just what you want to hear from your landlord, huh? We continue cleaning, meanwhile, I call Wells Fargo and put a stop on my rent check. Shortly thereafter, our landlord comes with his little bucket to "fix" our problem. I take him upstairs to the bathroom and he comes back down a little later to tell us the priagnosis. He tells us that he is going to get a plumber out here Monday to fix the problem and he'll also be back to cock the bathroom and fix the ceiling. I then, polietly, told him that I put a stop on a check and that once this all gets worked out I will reverse the check. Let's just say...he went off and YELLED AT ME!!! I did everything I could not to yell back, or laugh! He just kept telling me over and over how inappropriate that was. Haha. Whatever. Well I left...
....I went and got a massage with a guy in my ward at the Utah Massage Therapy school. Which was amazing in more ways than one ;) lol...
....when I returned, Mary informed me that a plummer was on his way. Sure enough like two minutes later, he knocks on the door. I show him the the bathroom and then he comes downstairs to check out the kitchen ceiling. He pushed up the whole ceiling. It was insane!! Then he said, I think this is more than a plumming problem. No really?!?! I could have told you that. Haha.
The rest of the day was good. I hung out with my friend Marcus. We went to the MTC and voluntered as investigators. We had to be a married couple and I am pretty sure we had everyone believing we were together. It was one of the funnest things. We totally were reliving the mission...well not really, but it was cool to be on the other end of the lessons :) The rest of the night I did a bunch of random things. Overall, it's been a good, busy, eventful day!
P.S. I keep forgetting to take my camera everywhere I go. So I promise I am having a ton of fun and doing neat things, I just forget my camera like everyday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment