Last Tuesday I went to the vocal cord doctor (still don't know what they are called) and we talked about fixing my left vocal cord so I have somewhat of a voice. He told me they will inject, almost like a botox, in my left vocal cord allowing the right cord to touch, therefore, making a sound. Amazing at what they can do these days, huh? That will happen on March 25. I have never been so excited about an operation before! Ha. If this doesn't work as well as they are hoping, or something like that, then they will have to make an incesion in my neck and go through that way and do more. At this point, I will do whatever I have to to get a voice. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up like David Archuletta and have an amazing singing voice!!! Now that would be the ultimate miracle :)

Also, my dad and I went to check up on my heart this morning up at CHOC. I might have mentioned this already, but my pacemaker is using 95% of its energy which means I will have to get a new pacemaker in a year and a half. But other than that, everything is working how it's supposed to and it all looks good!!!
4 comments:
Sounds like good news.. I hope the first step works as it's suppose to! I'm a fan of David's too! Who else do you like from this season?
You are my favorite person! Good luck with the surgery!!!! I'm so jealous that you got to go to the Ellen show!!!!!
Is a vocal cord doctor called an otolaryngologist?
Yes!!! I believe so. That's too long to type...vocal cord doc is so much easier. lol
Post a Comment