Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Vocal cords are in your throat....right?

I met with the ENT (ear, nose, and throat doctor) yesterday and my tonsils are coming out February 19! Of course that doesn't mean my voice will be fixed....that's another doctor. Apparently ENT's don't take care of paralyzed vocal cords (go figure). We are waiting to hear back from the...vocal cord doctor? It would be nice if that doctor could do it at the same time so I only have to go the hospital once more. I think they are going to start recognizing me at the local Saddleback hospital! Luckily it's an out-patient surgery so I won't even have to spend the night. That is, if everything goes accordingly (and in my life it never does).

P.S. 23 more days til Paul comes out. And there is no wedding date at all in the making. We are taking our time getting to know each other better. We realize that we rushed into things before and now we are making sure all of our ducks are in a row. When things start to progress once more we will let everyone know.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Seeing you this weekend broke my heart...I feel so bad for you and your poor voice! I hope they can get things fixed ASAP...So you and Paul can move on and start your life together.

Meg said...

Fun Fact: ENT=Autorhinolarygologist (i'm not making it up I SWEAR!!!
I knew Medical Assisting was going to come in handy some day!!! Just kidding. Tiersha I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this. Stay strong.. you're amazing.